The Chinese Family History Group of Southern California's goal is to inspire and empower Chinese Americans by connecting them to their immigrant family history through research and education.
Our vision for the coming year is to broaden how we present our knowledge and resources to our community. We would like to increase our audience nationally and internationally, with an emphasis on a multi-generational impact.
• Several friends gathered to share their common interest in researching their family histories
• Formed as a special interest group of the Southern California Genealogical Society
• Organized as Chinese Family History Group of Southern California
• Published "A Guide for Researching Your Chinese Family History"
• Incorporated as a non profit organization
• Changed the organization's structure from Chairperson to Officers
• Launched webinars and video library
• Expanded audience nationally and internationally
• Started membership program